Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Survivor

Yesterday I picked up my contraband pies, and prepared myself for a fight. We went to Nick's grandma's at 5:00 and brought in our pies. We told her we brought pie, and she said, "We aren't having pie." I said very matter of fact, "I am." She told me, "I'm not serving pie. You'll have to take it home with you." I replied that I'd be happy to take home any left overs. Then she tried to tell me that there was no room in the refrigerator, and I told her that it was cold enough outside, and we could just keep them on the front step until dinner was over. She told me to go put them in the car, and I just ignored her. After dinner, I asked who wanted pie, and pie was served, much to the Christmas Nazi's dismay. You could tell that it pissed her off, but she was out of ideas on how to put the kibosh on the pie. I'm actually quite surprised that she didn't completely blow her lid. She's a bit of a control freak, and doesn't like any idea that isn't hers. Score 1 for the good guys! I took back Christmas.

Today I got up and made a tasty cinnamon bread for breakfast, and we watched cheesy shows on cable. Then I took a little nap on the couch. I got up, took a shower, and we went to see Sweeney Todd. I liked it, although it doesn't hurt that Johnny Depp is pretty to look at. :)

We had planned on having Chinese for dinner, but apparently the Chinese have assimilated and are closed on Christmas Day. WTF?? Had I known I would have to fend for myself, I'd have bought more that giant sized Toblerone candy bars when shopping. :( So for Christmas dinner, my choice is hot dogs, PB&J, or a frozen Mexican pizza, Nick also thinks there might be a Hot Pocket at the bottom of the freezer. (Those are Nick's icky foods, except the PB&J--that's all me...) I guess I do have some leftover pie. I *am* all about nutrition, aren't I?

No comments: