Saturday, May 24, 2008

Convoluted ramblings

So things are going fairly well lately. The job front seems to be stabilizing, so that's a relief. I've been pretty busy restocking stones for our big inventory June 2nd. Because of this, I've been working 5 days a week last week, and will be this coming week. That's good for the old checkbook, and bad for my leisure time! ;)

I got a Wii Fit, and it's actually really fun! I didn't know if it would be or not, and I debated selling it on ebay for profit, but in the end decided that swimsuit season is quickly coming upon us, and if it helps in any way, I better keep it. I'm not sure it's helping, but it can't hurt.

I exercise more than anyone I know, and I should have a rockin' bod...WTF?? Granted, I do tend to over indulge sometimes, but seriously the sheer amount of exercise time I put in should counteract that! I haven't had any processed sugar, or white flour etc since the Cold Stone episode, and I really don't have anything to show for it. I used to live on pure sugar for the first 28-30 years of my life, never exercised, and remained thin. It seems like my last pregnancy threw off my metabolism or something. Or maybe I'll just blame it on that.

One of our neighbors had a Memorial Day party tonight. Nick and I went for a few hours, but left when it started raining. They had tons of food, and I behaved myself. There was a bonfire, games, and of course booze. Once the sun went down it got quite cool, and I had to run home to change. I was wearing some Lucky capri jeans, a cute sleeveless low-cut shirt, and sandals, but once it got cold I ran home for some jeans, a t-shirt and my North Face fleece jacket. Then it started raining and we had some windows open at home so we left. Nick is golfing tomorrow, so he wanted to get to bed early anyway.

That's it. Nothing exciting to report.

No comments: