Saturday, November 10, 2007

Crocs revisited

I was shopping recently and to my horror I saw that they are now marketing Crocs for winter wear as well. They are your standard ugly rubber Crocs, only now they are lined with lambswool. Really? Is there such a demand for unattractive footwear that we need to wear garden clogs year round? (Plus, I thought Uggs filled the ugly winter shoe quota, no?) I really thought one of the only redeeming grace's of winter was that I would get a small reprieve from the constant assault on my fashion sense by these hideous plastic shoes.

PEOPLE STOP BUYING THEM!! If you do, it's a win-win situation. You don't look like an idiot, and you will spare me from openly mocking you. Thanks in advance.

5 comments:

Nessa said...

here here!

luckily for me it seems like that trend is dieing down here.

Walt said...

Some of the women at work are all buzzing about the fact that Robin (another co-worker who is out on maternity leave) just bought her infant daughter three pairs of Uggs. They all think it's bullshit and how the hell could she spend all that money on them when the baby can't appreciate them and doesn't need them. People amuse me.

I saw a woman working in a shoe store the other day wearing bright pink Crocs. Didn't get close enough to see if they were the regular ones or the Mickey Mouse ones.

Kevin Bee said...

This all makes me very sad. Very sad indeed.

Fairy Princess Holly said...

Uggs? For a newborn who can't even walk? Why not just set the money on fire? Idiots!

Walt said...

Um, the baby needs to look stylish, thank you very much.