Thursday, January 29, 2009

10 Reasons I Might Be Crazy

10. I have a dirty dish phobia. I hate dirty dishes, and thank goodness we have a dishwasher, because I'd eat off of paper plates for all eternity if I had to touch dirty dishes. Blech.

9. I won't touch dirty dishes, but I've eaten candy I've found on the street. Unwrapped, no less. It was Toffifay, what am I supposed to do, that stuff is delicious, and I was probably 11 or 12 years old. I'd probably do it still today. (Hey, it's chocolate....at least I'm honest)

8. I don't touch public door knobs if I can help it, especially the restroom door handle.

7. Speaking of that, I hate touching any surface on an airplane. I think they are filthy and disgusting. I hate even touching the tray. You know they don't wipe them down, don't you?

6. I'm feeling completely out of control of my life right now. Things are getting very scary at work for me, and I'm binge eating to comfort myself. In the last 2 hours I have eaten over 1000 calories of chocolate.

5. I like almost all animals more than most people.

4. When I was a kid, I thought a local television news anchor, Dave Moore, was a family friend because we watched him on the news every night. As I grew up, I realized he was just someone we saw on tv, and didn't really know in person, yet when he died, I was truly sad. I guess I still thought he was my friend.

3. When I was a little girl and people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I'd answer, "A van." Not sure why or how I thought I'd grow up to be a van....guess I didn't achieve that dream!

2. I saw Jaws when I was really little, probably 6 or 7 years old. I used to think there were sharks in the lakes, swimming pools, even bath tubs. I still sometimes do. I'm so scared to be eaten by a shark.

1. I don't have kids, and I'm positive nobody will miss me when I die.

4 comments:

Mandie said...

My dear Holly I'd miss you for sure! Don't feel bad everyone thinks I'm crazy too.
XOXO
Mandie

KR Dorne said...

Okay JAWS saw that when I was 10 and for 3 days I kept my sister up all night because I was convinced there were sharks swimming around the bed. She finally got pissed off enough and she kicked my ass off the bed and on to the floor. I screamed and flailed as if I were in water...dumbass I know.
And the part about no one missing you...well yeah, huh, about that...Yeah not so much doll. You have made an impression on many. Oh and I am having issues finding Iris flowers this time of year...I will be delayed a few days. I know epic failure.

[LaLa] Lauren said...

Come on. You know the second half of #1 isn't true.

I know life is tough now but you can't think like that! There are thousands of people around the world who love you, your voice, your opinion, your laugh. Chin up. And if it takes thousands of calories of chocolate, so what. You're only human.

Cathy said...

You are so right about airplanes. Disgusting. I don't think they ever clean the tray tables or check what's in the seat back pockets with that gooey copy of Sky Mall.

I feel like I should be wearing a full-body condom every time I fly. So gross!

You're not crazy. You're just extra sane like me.