1. I was lucky enough to be born in this country where I have virtually limitless possibility. The simple fact of where you happened to be born is one thing you have no control over what so ever, yet can be the single most significant factor in what kind of life you will lead. I could just as easily been born in Darfur, or any third world, war-torn country.
2. As many health issues as I honestly do have, and as serious as they may be, I am relatively healthy. I am strong, fairly fit, and in no real pain.
3. I have extremely wonderful and supportive friends.
4. I have a nice, comfortable house. In a really wonderful, tight-knit neighborhood. I can honestly say I know every one of my neighbors.
5. I have a good reliable car.
6. I have a decent education. I'd still like to go back for a different, more marketable degree, but the ones I have are okay.
7. I find a reason to laugh every single day, and try to remain positive.
8. Nick has a very stable job in these scary economic times. Mine....not so much. But I feel lucky that one of us does. I know couples where both of them have been laid off, and I would lose my mind if I were in that situation.
9. I've been disciplined enough to save money every month in my money market, stock account, and my 401 (k).
10. Barack Obama was elected President of the United States of America!!!
Bonus just for my dear friend Larry Klye:
11. Dear baby Jesus, I am thankful for alcoholic beverages! Especially when one must spend time with the family!