Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I'm back

Hey guys, did you miss me? I missed you too. Ok so let's get this going, and fill you in on my life...it's a lot so I'll break it down in smaller pieces, and maybe over the course of several posts. I feel like I have lived 10 lifetimes since the old days of my blog and even WMBYS. (remember WMBYS? Yeah...me too)

Because I enjoy the flagrant use of bullet points, I'll give you a rundown on my major life events and why I've been away. I'll write in more detail about each one in an individual post. How's that sound? Good? Ok.
  • My dear friend Ginny died in a car accident 7/19/11. She was a surrogate mother to me. As many of you know, my own mother isn't in my life. It was a hard loss.
  • Matty and I took Washington DC by storm in August of 2011 to celebrate his 40th bday! We had so much fun and visited some amazing friends.
  • Sweet Cooper, my ragdoll cat, had another embolism and died 9/6/11.
  • I turned 40 in October 2011. My sweet, best friend on the planet, Matty flew here to celebrate with me. I'm so fortunate to have him, and I don't know what I'd do without him as my support system.
  • Nick and I got divorced after 16 years of marriage. It's amicable, and we're still friendly, but we had been roommates for several years, and I couldn't settle for that any longer. I moved out of the suburbs to a condo downtown Minneapolis. I couldn't love living downtown more. It's much more me than the big house in the suburbs ever was. I'm finally coming into my own. I moved with the cats, and River. Nick kept the dogs.
  • March 24, 2012 I lost my Grandpa. Many of you know he was my heart, and without the love of my Grandma and Grandpa, I'd have been a very lost little girl. They compensated for my parents in every way possible. It was a blow to my whole family, but particularly devestating to myself, as we were so close. I miss him every single day.
  • May 5th, I did the Walk for Animals. It's been about 18 years that I've done it, and I'm always so grateful that I can use my voice to help animals in need. I love it.
  • May 7th, my Dad died. We weren't close, but of my parents, he was the better one. He had an aneyruism, and died a few days after surgery.
  • I ended up with my Dad's house in Texas, and I'm now a slumlord. ;) I took a roadtrip down there to see the house and meet the tenant who's renting it. I took in a Rangers game in Arlington, and it was 108 degrees. I nearly had a stroke it was so hot!
  • I ran the Warrior Dash on September 8th, 2012 and I'm super proud of myself for it!
  • I was laid off from my job. I've loved my time at Utopia Inc, but there will be something new on my horizon.

So, in a nutshell, this has been why I've been away. I've simply had too much going on to keep up with my blog, or WMBYS. I'm debating restarting both...and I guess the debate on the blog has been settled. I'm back. I'll fill in more things and more detail. I just wanted to pop in and say hi.

Thanks to everyone who's supported me over the years. Know that it has meant the world to me. Seriously.

1 comment:

crabhooves said...

Holly! Im so glad you're back in some form. I loved WMBYS in all its incarnations and following your blog. You probably don't realize it but you're effortlessly entertaining - why not do a solo show if you cant rustle up a co host.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa - but I'm glad to hear that you're now a slumlord - you were born for this Holly and I know you'll be the best damn slumlord Texas has ever seen!